Pump water from any remote location without needing access to electricity.
Solar powered pumps can operate in any remote location, pumping water at high pressure without needing access to electricity.
Simple To Install
Place SPS pump beside water source and insert the suction pipe into the water. Connect your outlet pipe delivering water to your tanks/troughs. Switch it on.
Zero Running Costs
The battery reserve means the pump can operate any time of the day and overnight as it is not powered directly from the solar panel.
How Solar Powered Water Pumps Work
- The SPS solar pump is placed beside the water source (up to 5m above the level of water). It can be placed on a concrete surface/slab and bolted down if desired.
- A 5m long suction pipe is supplied as standard. The end of the suction pipe, featuring a heavy-duty stainless steel filter and a foot-valve, is placed into the water source.
- The outlet pipe which delivers water to your tanks/troughs must be supplied by the customer. This is then connected to the water outlet on the SPS pump.
- A large deep-cycle battery is supplied with each pump. Simply connect the battery using our quick attach clips and the pump will start running.
- Water is then sucked in through the suction pipe and pumped out through the outlet pipe at high pressure.
- Once the water tanks/troughs are full, the pressure will rise in the pressure vessel and the pressure switch will cut out the pump. Operating pressures range from 40-80psi depending on the selected model. Pressure is easily adjusted on each model.
- The pump will continue to operate automatically. A typical pump cut-out pressure is 40psi and a cut-in pressure of 30psi.
- The solar panel keeps the battery charged which powers the pump.
- The solar panel requires daylight only which means the SPS pump can operate at any time of the year.
- A heavy-duty controller is used which maintains correct battery voltage. If the battery is fully charged, excess solar power will not be allowed charge the battery any further. This prevents over charging of the battery ensuring the longest battery life possible.
- The battery can also be used to power secondary 12v devices such as an electric fence.
- The battery reserve means the pump can operate any time of the day and overnight as it is not powered directly from the solar panel.
- The lid is easily locked for security.
- 12 month warranty with all models.
- Place SPS pump beside water source and insert the suction pipe into the water.
- Connect your outlet pipe delivering water to your tanks/troughs.
- Switch it on by connecting the battery supplied - That's it! - High pressure water on demand.
Surface Water Unit
For people who have easy access to rivers, streams or ponds on their property
For people with no access to surface water and intending to use a well or bore-hole.
Micheal O Leary
Pauric O Gorman
Stephen Connaughton, Co. Galway
Joseph O’Reilly, Co. Westmeath
Conor O’Leary, Co. Cork
Brian Hogan, Co. Galway
Michael Burke, Co. Galway
Aidan Power, Co. Tipperary
Eamon Morris, Co. Galway
Damien Haverty, Co. Galway
Ciaran Coone, Co. Galway
Denis Nyhan, Co. Cork
Michael McKeon, Co. Westmeath
Matt Brennan, Co. Kilkenny
Jim, Co. Tipperary
John O’Dwyer, Co. Kilkenny
James O Connor
Damien O’ Shea
Solar Powered Water Pump Products
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, all our solar water pumps come with a 12-month guarantee as standard.
Yes. Simply place the suction pipe supplied into your water source, connect your outlet pipe and that's it.
All our solar water pumps use a special solar controller which will maintain the correct battery voltage, ensuring the longest lifetime possible of the battery.
Yes, there are numerous grants available to support the purchase of our solar water pump systems. Some of these grants include TAMS grant, ACRES scheme grants, etc.
Along with many local grants, our systems are currently heavily supported as a successful machine to rectify a common problem.
No. The solar panel is suitably sized for each model to keep the battery charged during use.
Unfortunately, batteries don't last forever. You can expect a lifetime of 5-6 years from your battery before needing replacement.
All our solar water pumps use quality parts which are readily available. We stock all parts, which can be sent to you the next day. Alternatively, our parts can be sourced locally from electrical/plumbing supplies stores. Most importantly, our pumps rarely require replacement parts - ask our customers!
Yes, all our suction pipes use a stainless steel filter which will never rust and also a foot-valve which prevents back-flow of water ensuring the pump is always kept primed.
Solar Pump Solutions,
Borrisokane, Co. Tipperary, Ireland.